[LUG]Re: File Server and Desktop

Plex is a great media server. I've run it for years. Has clients for all devices

On 03/12/2022 09:05, Richard Brown wrote:

Hi Guys

A quick bit of advice. I have built up a large collection of movies and music and photos that are currently stored on our desktop computer. If I need to use them or watch them I turn on that computer and either connect remotely or watch them on that machine. The question is should I build a file server which could be low powered and serve those files allowing the desktop to simply be a desktop or is it not worth the cost. The server could fulfil other tasks such as providing backup etc but its main function would be to serve files.

Thanks

--

Kind regards

Richard Brown