[LUG]Re: Anbox / Snapd / Mint 20.3

Thoughts please either on avoiding snapd and installing Anbox some other
way, or installing snapd.

I only used snapd once, for reasons similar to yours - the software I wanted wasn't available by other means. It worked, but at least then, the mount it created off the root filesystem was readonly and 100% full, which played merry hell with our alerting systems, and it was deemed not worth fighting with, so we dug a little deeper and found an rpm instead.

Does it still do that? I must admit I'm not a fan of the design if it does.