Re: [LUG] Bye bye Ubuntu

On Fri, 4 Nov 2022, Neil wrote:

On 04/11/2022 08:48, Tom via list wrote:
Devuan here we come!

Good luck with Devuan. I have considered moving there myself.

FWIW: Almost all my systems are now Devuan. (Including a Pi or 2).

It's essentially Debian, so like Debian some older packages but more what I consider to be stable. So if you can put up with older packages (e.g. OpenSSL 1.1.1n 15 Mar 2022) then you'll be just fine.

And like Debian you have the choice of using a testing version or using the backports mechanism too.

Less bleeding-edge sometimes has issues but none that I've really felt I needed to find big workarounds for.

Gordon