[LUG] Laser printer know-how

Hi folks,

I know one of our followers here is reasonably familiar with the innards of printers, and I wanted to pick their brains about a laser printer issue I'm hoping to solve.

I was donated an older Samsung CLP-415N colour laser which had been donated and stored for a while, pending use, which I've recently commissioned in a shared office area. Naturally I gave it a once over, and printed a couple of test pages. I tickled the toner cartridges to check for content, but I've made the rookie mistake of upsetting the magenta one, and now it regularly streaks across (horizontally) the page. I -think- the solution for this (having attempted some basic cleaning) is to simply replace the cartridge, and all will once again be well, but I was looking online at replacement units, and for this printer, there is also a replacement fuser unit AND waste toner receptacle available for not-much-money. Since the printer is otherwise functioning quite well, I don't believe I'll need a fuser unit, but the waste toner container definitely has some contents and doesn't latch quite correctly in it's "house" inside a side-cover.

So, are my understandings broadly correct, and if not, what (besides buying a whole new unit) are good options for renovation?! I think I can certainly budget ~£50 to get it running (non-original cartridges to start with) and it can earn its costs back before I upgrade anything further!

I have my own HP Color Laserjet MFP at home, which I acquired shortly after investigating costs of the Samsung, but now I have another location and possibility of some "compensation" for "services" I thought I'd put this to use rather than scrap/donate/etc it .. :D

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Michael/veremitz.