Re: [LUG] 2FA Apps

On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 09:18:36 +0100
Giles Coochey <giles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Giles,

>I use Google, as it is simple and local.

Being google, I'd question the local part.  They're surveillance
capitalists, so that means they're going to siphon data from you, no
matter what.

{time passes}

A quick look for 2fa authenticator at the app store gives multiple
results.  Size ranging from 10k to around 500k.  Twilio and
microsoft are 10M and 50M respectively.  google's offering is 100M.
That's got to be doing far more than 2fa.  TBH, same applies to twilio
and msoft, IMO.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"