Re: [LUG] Firefox problem

On 01/08/2022 08:13, George Parker wrote:
<snip>
I do not like Vivaldi, or any other Chrome based browser for that matter. My problem with them is that when you open a link into a new tab, it does not switch to that tab. Why would you open in a new tab and not want to view it? In Firefox you can choose which it does but not in Chrome based browsers. You can open a link while pressing control shift but this opens a new instance of the browser, not really the same as pressing the centre wheel of the mouse and being there in your new tab.

Any suggestions on either problem please?

An acquaintance of mine once tipped me off, that depending on your browser, you may need to Ctrl-click, or Ctrl-Shift click a link to get it to open in a Foreground vs Background tab. It's a pain this isn't standardised, but it may help you a little .. it sure did me .. !!
Regards,
veremitz/Michael.