[LUG] Firefox problem

I have a subscription to The Times and have been happily reading it in Firefox for a number of years with ad blockers on. In the last couple of months a problem has arisen where, with ad blockers on, a lot of photographs are shown at very low resolution and the readers comments are turned off. If I switch off the ad blockers the problem goes away, service as normal.

I have emailed The Times who say the problem is not with them. The problem is there with Firefox and Palemoon, but all works OK with Vivaldi so it looks as if it is a Firefox based problem. Duck duck go doesn't lead anywhere useful.

I do not like Vivaldi, or any other Chrome based browser for that matter. My problem with them is that when you open a link into a new tab, it does not switch to that tab. Why would you open in a new tab and not want to view it? In Firefox you can choose which it does but not in Chrome based browsers. You can open a link while pressing control shift but this opens a new instance of the browser, not really the same as pressing the centre wheel of the mouse and being there in your new tab.

Any suggestions on either problem please?