Re: [LUG] open source fitness tracker

The thing on my wrist is a Mi Band 3, it connects to Gadget Bridge on
my Android phone. From the F-Droid repository if I recall, not the
Play Store because that's out of date. Gadget Bridge is open source
and doesn't export your statistics or raw data off-site like all the
proprietary fitness packages do.

https://www.gadgetbridge.org/ has a list of the currently compatible
bands. It's the best effort I've found at getting the hardware
isolated from the manufacturer's data hoovering.

Looking at the display on my phone it says by band has 55% charge,
I've managed 1331 steps this morning, I had 7hr 27min sleep last night
and it draws graphs and accumulates and averages over calendar days
and months.