Re: [LUG] Spreadsheet help

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022, 10:32 Pentiddy, <pentiddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Pete.

I have just had a look at the documentation on the INDIRECT function. It
seems likely, but I cannot figure out yet how this would work.
I'll have a go at it and see if anything becomes clearer!

Regards
Anthony

I would say a combination of INDIRECT and using RC cell referencing (instead of A1 cell referencing) should work. Of course, if the cells contain coordinates in the form of (x,y) then you'll probably need to use the text functions (LEN, FIND, LEFT, RIGHT) to pull out the X andY coordinates.

Grant :)