Re: [LUG] Spreadsheet help

On 01/07/2022 09:54, Pentiddy wrote:
I have a fairly specific question to anyone who is an experienced spreadsheet user.

I have a column of data in a spreadsheet which relates to co-ordinates on a grid (xx,yy). What I would like to do is 'map' those co-ordinates on a spreadsheet- i.e translate xx,yy to a cell co-ordinate. Ideally I would be able to place information from another column on the data into the identified cell.

I think INDIRECT is the function you want. Eg. INDIRECT("A1") would return the contents of cell A1. You can generate the cell id from a function and pass the result into a function as well. Eg. SUM(INDIRECT("F"&MATCH(EDATE($A41,-12),$A$3:A$85)+3):$F41), where we use the indirect as the start of a range.

Cheers,
Pete