Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi for the boy's 8th birthday!

On a point of information relating to the first post:

2. Videos.
 - bbc i-player (i have read there could some issues getting this working?)
 - you tube (should "just work" in a browser?)

Unless something recent has happened that I've not noticed, the linux
(not specifically pi) issue with browsers playing TV on demand or
YouTube (or Photobox, much to my annoyance) related to an
unmitigatedly catastrophic piece of bloated intrusive commercial
software from Adobe called Flashplayer, which for a long while
suppressed any alternative format from being offered on those sites.
That problem evaporated when HTML5 was adopted by the content hosting
sites. Flashplayer was withdrawn from the market, everything started
working, no remaining problem.