Re: [LUG] LibreOffice 7.3 Base

On 21/06/2022 21:23, Tom via list wrote:
Every now and then I play with LibreOffice using the documentation that comes with it. It has generally not been that good and I've failed to get the examples working. This time however I've managed to get nearly 100 pages into the Base documentation and it seems to be going quite well so far.  I used to write lots of little but very useful apps in MS Access a long time ago and for the first time I have a feeling I may be able to do the same with Base!

Just wondering if any of you have had any success with it and connecting to external DBs?

Tom te tom te tom

Real users are working in MariaDB/Oracle/Postgresql/NOSQL/etc .. :P

That said, I really miss the MS Visual-Basic API which allowed you to do all sorts of crazy things in Moffice, which I've never seen possible with the limited StarOffice-inspired API for Libre/Openoffice. The data model is horrendous... if anyone can point me to some more sensible programming interface, I've got to admit, I am curious, because scripting up handy macro functions was something that really enhanced my Office experience ...

And yeah, years gone by now, I scripted a PHP page to a MySQL database which I populated from a user-supplied text file .. Fun times..!