[LUG] Problems removing Windows manager and loader from laptop and installing Linux

I have acquired a used LENOVO IDEAPAD 1 11ADA05/AMD 3020e 4gig 64gig SSD .. it has Windows 11 installed .. I have been trying to remove said windows and install Linux Mint .. it will go through the processes to the point where it declares that there is no harddrive space available .. computer has a Windows manager in Bios .. I did manage to replace Windows with Linux Mint on an HP Stream with a similar SSD (e card?) type but have forgotten how I did it. Looking for advice. Thank you