Re: [LUG] Acer One

On 16/05/2022 16:56, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi All

I was given an Acer One to use in replacement of my laptop but it is not a good device. I have installed Ubuntu on it but after installation it lost the wifi. I don't really want to waste time with it and wonder if anybody wants it to play with please?

Thanks
--

Kind regards

Richard Brown
Youth Worker
07546 804439

I know I'm a bit of a sucker for second-hand tech .. but I liked the old Asus EEE netbooks, have one of the surplus HP Mini's from the former Torbay Jam, and for non-onerous tasks, they're a handy unit to cart about.

If you don't mind posting back with the actual model, depending on spec I would be reasonably willing to shed the odd shilling your way, and we can figure out logistics.
What's the battery status like - does it prefer to be tethered, or will it survive for the odd local train journey across Devon, for which it would be a good asset for me...

Cheers,
Michael / veremitz.