Re: [LUG] Screen Problem

On 03/12/2021 18:27, Neil wrote:

I have found ... Intel CoffeeLake -S GT2

Driver .. i915

Is that helpful?

MX Linux v 21 ahs version.

I get lost with all this weird information,

Well that's something at least. Reading between the lines I suspect that MX Linux is shipping a default kernel that's too conservative to have the requisite architectural support. Coffee Lake is hardly bleeding edge at this point but what does this get you:

uname -a

I don't think "proper" Coffee Lake support kicks in until around 4.14 or so - I have no idea what MX Linux ship by default but we'll find out shortly when you tell us.

The fix will be to simply install a much much newer kernel which MX will have some procedure for presumably. Unless you are a technical expert and have an explicit reason to for a particular workload there is absolutely zero reason whatsoever why anyone shouldn't be running a recent 5.x series Linux kernel. Distros are weird sometimes.