Re: [LUG] error copying a file using smbclient - resolved!

On 18/11/2021 16:46, Giles Coochey wrote:
I'm glad you got it sorted, although I laugh at the feature on the Draytek, "UDP Flood Defense", which is a safeguard against something I alluded to in my DDoS comment in an earlier post is a feature that would be useful on large, edge ISP routers handling many millions of packets a second. To have a feature to safeguard against it on the ingress port of a SOHO broadband router is probably trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted (the UDP packets have already exhausted your relatively small inbound bandwidth).
I agree

As you have a firewall (you mentioned this before), you can disable the "UDP Flood Defense" feature completely, it provides no defense to you, or your downstream clients.
The router is out of our control ( I can't admin it), shared office space, which is why we have a firewall!
But the knob has been turned up and all is good, if the knob needs to go to 11 so be it!

Thanks Giles, your DDOS comment helped me look at other things and badger the guy who does admin the router.
I was using iperf and saw weird stuff that pointed to a blocking/throttle situation.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\