[LUG] error copying a file using smbclient

G'day all,

We have changed ISP from BT to Zen at the office and now don't seem to copy files.

Central Office:
Linux debian 9 - 4.9.0-9-amd64

root@legato:~# smbd --version
Version 4.5.16-Debian

Remote:
Linux debian 10 - 4.19.0-18-amd64
mike@shark:~$ smbclient --version
Version 4.9.5-Debian

Office and remote connected via openvpn over UDP

mike@shark:~$ smbclient -Uroot //legato/rot
Unable to initialize messaging context
Enter WOLF-ROCK\root's password:
Try "help" to get a list of possible commands.
smb: \> get 2021-11-09-11.mp3 2021-11-09-11.mp3.mike
parallel_read returned NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT

The file is usually this size when it fails
mike@shark:~$ ll *mike
-rw-r--r-- 1 mike users 8388608 Nov 16 10:21 2021-10-25-16.mp3.mike

Nothing useful or anything I can understand in the samba logs.

I can scp the same file successfully so I don't believe it is openvpn causing the issue (but could have my mind changed)

I have anther PC running Linux and connecting over the VPN in the central office and it can download the file ok. (so it is local but over the VPN)

We have another linux server that is nearly the same and the remote can't copy from that either. File download stop at the same size.

It would seem to be a combination of samba and openvpn (maybe?)

Any thoughts?
--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\