Re: [LUG] error copying a file using smbclient

On 16/11/2021 08:17, Giles Coochey wrote:

On 16/11/2021 07:52, stinga wrote:
G'day all,

We have changed ISP from BT to Zen at the office and now don't seem to copy files.

This is very often caused by configuring a MTU that is too high within OpenVPN.

https://www.sonassi.com/help/troubleshooting/setting-correct-mtu-for-openvpn

You should also check with Zen, as ISPs may rate-limit UDP traffic on ports that are odd for them, as UDP is often used as a bandwidth exhaustion technique for DDoS attacks. If they do rate limit, then I'm sure if you provide them with the port number that OpenVPN is configured to use (1394?) and perhaps the IP address of your VPN server as well, then they might be able to whitelist traffic with that profile.

--
Giles Coochey