Re: [LUG] Printers

> > I believe that the consensus of opinion favoured an Epson printer.  However I am
> > unable to find any emails that relate to printers in my obviously incomplete
> > mail archive. If anyone can remember the recommended printer, or point me to
> > where I can   find copies of the relevant documents that would really help me on
> > a rather daunting printer selection exercise.

There are many different technologies: the first choice you need to
make is whether to go for a laser or inkjet and this depends on what
printing you anticipate doing. I guess you'll probably be going for
an inkjet again.

The diver situation is a lot better than it once was perhaps because
macOS uses CUPS to manage printers.

Check the Linux printing DB before purchase to confirm support for the
model you are considering:
https://www.openprinting.org/printers

I would probably not limit your search to Epson. For example, any
that support Postscript are very likely to work well with Linux.
I have had excellent results with Brother and the consumables were very
reasonably priced (although the situation may have changed).

Check consumables costs before buying the hardware. As previously noted
on the list, some printers limit you on ability to refill cartridges.

Mark