Re: [LUG] systemd and NFS shares

On 29/08/2021 15:49, comrade meowski wrote:
First thing to do is make sure you've cleaned up all the old stuff first: what happens if you do:

/etc/init.d/autofs status
julian@Cerce:~$ /etc/init.d/autofs status

bash: /etc/init.d/autofs: No such file or directory

This is good methinks.

On your modern-ish Mint box old init isn't really there, it's all systemd now mercifully. So your traditional /etc/init.d/blah stuff is actually redirected to and handled by systemd. It's the same as just running:

systemctl status autofs

Either way you want to find out if it - or any of your other old mount stuff - is still lurking around and messing things up. You can disable it but if you've apt purged the package anyway it should be a non functional systemd unit anyway. To be sure:

systemctl disable autofs
julian@Cerce:~$ systemctl disable autofs
Failed to disable unit: Unit file autofs.service does not exist.
Look for other mount service stuff you may have forgotten about:

systemctl list-unit-files | grep enabled | sort
Nothing untoward there.
Check fstab for old redundant entries as well. Reboot.
fstab looks OK. Old NAS entries commented out. Only the new DEMETER line executes.

Once you're 100% sure that the mounting itself is working fine (it's *on access* remember) then move on to step 2: permissions.

Rebooted nothing mounted, as you said it's on /access/. So I went to the mount point media/julian/DEMETER to access it, and it's empty - shouldn't that mount as I /am/ accessing it, and then show me the files?

Juiian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley