[LUG] Turris Omnia

New thread started...

 > Oh wow, you've got a Turris Omnia? Cool. How are you finding it? Did you
 > get an off the shelf one or a bare board?

Off the shelf from Amazon (not the initial Kickstarter batch). I've had it for
over 2 years now so I'm fairly familiar with it.

It's the best OpenWRT board that I've used. If you can afford one, I would
recommend it. It's very powerful, plenty of RAM and storage. OpenWRT is
incredbly flexible, the main limitation being skills and time. It's an excellent
platform for improving your networking knowledge. The Turris is very
resilient to tinkering: they have built in multiple unbricking options,
depending on how bad you've managed to destroy it.

No integrated DSL modem unfortunately, so you need a separate modem.
The SFP VDSL modems are not consistently compatible with UK DSL.

There is a SIM slot which can be used with a LTE modem card as a fall-over
ISP.