Re: [LUG] Ubuntu

For my own penny...

Ubuntu was my first intro into Linux many years ago (with 8.04 LTS I believe) and I used it happily until the standard Gnome DE was changed to Unity (12.04 LTS). I have since played around with many distros and desktop environments, and have always ended up back with Xubuntu. It seems to me to be the 'best' all round for my own requirements, quick and light and I like the XFCE DE.
I haven't tried Gnome far many years and don't now see why I would.

Cheers

Anthony