[LUG] Ubuntu

I have been using Linux for many years, so have tried many distros. However I have never tried Ubuntu, although I have used Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu and other Ubuntu based distros.

Recently I bought a new laptop. Ubuntu 20.04 was already installed on it. Since I now use MX Linux I never even looked at the installed distro. I immediately replaced it with the latest MX, removing Ubuntu while I was at it. When I mentioned this to the supplier he was a bit concerned. All his other customers apparently are happy to stay with Ubuntu. I am the odd one out. He seemed to expect me to have problems using MX. I didn't.

However, this made me decide to have a look at Ubuntu, for the first time ever. So I set up the ISO on a USB stick and had a play. Oh dear. Is it me?

I have tried many other distros apart from those already mentioned. And, for me at least, Ubuntu is the worst I have ever looked at. I just cannot get anywhere with is. I have tried hard, honest. I have spent a lot of time on it.

I know that Ubuntu has had many changes over the past few years, but even so.

Have other list members been able to use Ubuntu with no problems? I have had a look at some reviews, which have not helped.

Is it me?

Neil