Re: [LUG] OT Windows 11

The requirements are actually not forced. You can indeed install windows 11 on "non supported" hardware by taking the windows 10 setup and replacing the install.wim with the install.wim from the windows 11 iso. At least it works with the leaked build, things might change once it's released. Running it on a 2nd gen I7 and it works absolutely fine, no UEFI and no TPM

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021, 19:04 Michael Everitt, <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/06/2021 18:56, David Bell wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:40:53 +0100
> comrade meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> This has been the same since the dawn of
>> computing: if you need to run certain software you _have_ to buy
>> hardware that supports running it.
> True, but think of the resultant worldwide landfill and/or cost of
> recycling. But then MS have never claimed to be "Green".

It is but the churn that keeps big companies selling products and making profits ..

The environment, alas, doesn't make money, or dividends for shareholders ..