Re: [LUG] Simple Photo Editor

Dear Neil,

> Sometimes I just need to make some simple changes to a photo so that
> it can be easily sent as an attachment to an email. On these occasions
> the above programs are unnecessarily complicated.

If you're linking for something less complicated than GIMP, I can highly
recommend Pinta. The features that it offers are fairly extensive, but
all organised in a much more straightforward user interface than that of
GIMP.

Pinta is in the MX Linux repositories, so a simple `apt install pinta`
should get it up and running for you. I've attached a screenshot of what
it looks like, should you wish to get a feel more the interface before
downloading it :)

I haven't tried Gwenview; it seems like a good program. However, I did
note that Pinta uses GTK rather than Gwenview's Qt. If you are running
Xfce on your computer, Pinta should take up much less disk space than
Gwenview.

Best wishes,

Sebastian