[LUG] FTTP internet connection in Cornwall

Hi there everyone,

I just uploaded a video describing my parent's Cornwall Internet
connection: https://youtu.be/mkfuhJ1jsd8

I guess the most surprising/confusing thing for me, is that BT left in
the copper line. I think! I've noticed the same phenomena along other
poles in the area in North Cornwall.
Basically two cables, one copper, one fibre. One is pretty redundant to me!

You can see how the difference between FTTC versus FTTPS here:
https://speed.prazefarm.co.uk/

I did expedite the upgrade by paying BT 2166GBP btw. Nevermind the
hours & sanity lost filling in forms for the subsidy.

Anyone else using Mikrotik? Do check out the video description for
details. Annoyingly when I upload to youtube, the whole line becomes
unstable with high ping times.

Best wishes,