Re: [LUG] Sharing my recent experience of designing a website

On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 at 18:44, Andy Wills <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As there's been some heated discussion recently of website design and so forth, I thought I'd share my experience of using github as a webhosting platform.

The approach is markdown/jeykll based and there are some lovely repos to help make things look pretty -- I used BeautifulJeykll

A nice looking site, and interesting it's on Github. I was aware they allow a free personal page, but hadn't actually twigged about using your own domain on it.

I'm letting my vps expire in a month's time and with it a couple of sites. I have cgnat on both my internet connections, so can't (easily) self host, and this might be a fun way to keep some form of web present without an ongoing cost, aside from the domain.

Thanks - mildly inspiring, even for an old geek who's done about a million websites....