Re: [LUG] Application List

On Sat, 2021-05-22 at 08:43 +0100, Rich Brown wrote:
> I have updated to Ubuntu 21.04 and soon after that my application
> list
> became trashed. I'll explain further:
>
> [...]listed. The application list stops after the letter m not
> listing
> apps
> such as Thunderbird or VLC.
>
> Is there anyway I can ask it to rebuild this app list please? Duck
> Duck
> Go doesn't come up with any answers.

Hi Rich,

I don't use Ubuntu myself, so this might be a long shot but could you
confirm the output of the following commands? Typically applications
listed in this kind of app-launchers must have configuration files
there. Wild guess is you are missing those files for some reason.

    ls ~/.local/share/applications/ | grep thunderbird
    ls /usr/share/applications/ | grep thunderbird

Regards,
--
Rock Storm
Open PGP: C304 34B3 632C 464C 2FAF C741 0439 CF52 C968 32FD