Re: [LUG] Profiles

On 14/05/2021 11:26, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2021 08:26:34 +0100
> Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
>> Any suggestions please?
>
> If you simply copied profiles etc. across, it's possible that UID & GIDs
> don't match.  Just because user 'neil' for example) exists on both
> matches, doesn't make them the same.  One could have UID 500 an the
> other 505.  Copying won't be enough in that case, you'll have to alter
> the relevant UID/GID to match.  The correct command & syntax for which
> escapes me ATM.

I usually put a copy of email profile (Thunderbird) and firefox profile
inside one of my document files and thus copy is stored in "/home/ docXXX".

These have allowed me to transfer from machine to machine easily and
successfully on many occasions.
In Thunderbird, you ned to load the old profile and set it to default.

--

Regards
Eion MacDonald