Re: [LUG] 20210412 OT Help please. How to read an old Amstrad file (word type) today?

If it's non-sensitive, making it available somewhere public and letting us know could work - I'd be willing to give it a try and I'm sure others in here would too.

Further to Tom's suggestion of stripping out the binary bits, don't forget about linux 'strings' command which does just that.

"strings oldfile >newfile"

Few older word processor formats were compressed or particularly sophisticated. Even my favourite editor of all time from the CPC era, Protext. (on a rombo rombox)