Re: [LUG] OT: Hardware upgrade time - run VMs at home

I've been through my running rackmount enterprise gear at home period and the result for me was that the power usage and noise issues you end up with (especially with slightly older gear) aren't worth it. I am currently using a Dell T320 (with 96gb ram) as my home server which I am very happy with. Plenty of space for storage, relatively quiet and not too power hungry as these things go. I am not doing anything really CPU intensive. I am running Proxmox on it with a dozen or so services running in Debian containers, a couple of lightly loaded Linux VM's and a couple of Windows VM's.

Kevin