Re: [LUG] Continual network problems on Fedora 31

On 31/01/2021 15:15, Sebastian wrote:

> I fear this may be an edge case... :/

This sounds like a tough one :)

As it happens on wifi and wired connections, it doesn't sound like
hardware either at the PC or router.

Could there be another device grabbing the PC's IP address? I assume
when you are connected by wifi you have a different IP to wired?

Does the interface still report as up?

All I can suggest is running tcpdump on the interface to see if it is
seeing any traffic after you have the problem.

I would also try and do the debugging on the wired connection as much as
possible (might just be because I am old and still don't totally trust
wifi :))

Cheers,

Pete