[LUG] Continual network problems on Fedora 31

Dear all,

Last summer, my computer (running Fedora 31) started to drop the network
connection on occasions. Since then, that problem has become
progressively worse, happening multiple times every day whether using
Ethernet, wireless, or both at the same time. This has accounted for
much frustration, a number of hours of lost work, and a most humiliating
defeat whilst playing SuperTuxKart :(

I'm planning to install Hyperbola GNU/Linux on this machine soon; Fedora
31 is over a year old now, so the OS really ought to be updated anyway.
However, it seems a shame to wipe this installation before finding out
what this problem is caused by. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Sometimes the connection is entirely dropped; at other times it appears
to be connected but every packet times-out. Usually I can run

`nmcli device enp3s0 connect` or `nmcli device wlp0s29f7u5 connect`

and it'll come back again within a minute or two. Sometimes, however,
this command fails or just never returns and I'm stuck without a
connection.

I am connecting to a BT Home Hub 3 router/switch, which uses DHCP for IP
address allocation. Yesterday I saw this message on a virtual terminal,
which referred to the wireless interface and which may or may not be
related to my problem:

"Error 7 - Class 3 frame received from nonassociated STA"

Any ideas would very much be appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Sebastian

--
- Freenode: 'seabass'