Re: [LUG] Meetings update

On 29/01/2021 22:35, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 29/01/2021 21:54, Paul Sutton via list wrote:
20th Feb - Lug meet via jit.si https://www.dcglug.org.uk/
https://rendezvous.nomagic.uk/events/c83f4b5e-044d-4090-8fe8-e5e641c485bf

I have set us up on Mobilizon which is a events platform (like meet up
but respects privacy).

20210129
Bemused? am I

What does this mean?

You have two https:// links

Which is it?

I assume the  https://www.dcglug.org. is URL given in reference in DCLug
page

   https://meet.jit.si/DCGLUG    is the 12 0'clock for Saturday 20 Feb
(3rd Saturday)

I am VERY unclear what the
https://rendezvous.nomagic.uk/events/c83f4b5e-044d-4090-8fe8-e5e641c485bf

Refers to?

Can you clarify for ignoramuses like me Thanks in advance

The link for the Jit.si meeting is on the lug website. Along with the details of times etc.

I have added us to Mobilizon an events platform, added the meeting details for the next few months at least. It should allow people to plan ahead. But it also allows details to be changed for future meetings, if need be.

Hopefully this helps to reduce workload in terms of updating the website just for a meeting when the details are on there or on a meeting platform.

The above also allows people to say if they would like to attend, it is optional. But it that helps me in learning how to use Mobilizon. Mobilizon should also be able to send out reminders.

As also stated we are now, on Mastodon. It is a way to reach out to people.

Hope this helps

Paul

--
Paul Sutton