Re: [LUG] Blanking screen on login after suspend

Dear Anthony,

> Its not that it won't suspend, it just does not have the option to suspend
> from the login screen...
> Thanks for your suggestion- I'll try it out of interest!

I think I might have a solution now:

The login screen that you are seeing is actually xfce4-screensaver, not
lightdm as I had thought. xfce4-screensaver reads the same configuration
files, so it looks just like the lightdm login screen you get at boot,
but it doesn't have the capability to show a power menu in the same way.

What you can do to rectify these niggles is to replace xfce4-screensaver
with light-locker, which is not actively maintained at the moment but is
still working and in the package repositories.

sudo apt install light-locker

You will now have a new page in Settings -> Power Manager that gives you
options for light-locker. Hopefully, after you reboot or log in again,
the lock screen will now actually *be* lightdm, courtesy of light-locker
(as opposed to xfce4-screensaver's imitation of lightdm), and thus have
both of the features you wanted: an option to never blank the screen
(which you've already set) and a button to put the computer into suspend
without having to unlock first.

I really do hope this works for you!

Best wishes,

Sebastian