Re: [LUG] UK / EU Trade Deal - page 921 refers to Netscape

On 28/12/2020 14:54, Paul Sutton via list wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I saw this posted to Mastodon earlier, which was reposted from Twitter.
>
> https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948104/EU-UK_Trade_and_Cooperation_Agreement_24.12.2020.pdf
>

> Page 921 refers to
>
>  Netscape Communicator -
>

> Is anyone likely to still be using Netscape communicator ?  Or are they
> just referring to the fact that Netscape Communicator supported s/mime?
>
> Paul

Government protocols always work from ancient to present so presumably
Netscape Communicator was in a previous treaty agreement protocols, so
gets repeated. (Often happens when written by civil servants who
re-quote to avoid any problems)
Also some government computers are still 32 bit!

One of last years papers on major science advance papers quoted only
pre-ceding relevant paper reference as dated  1687    Newton's Principia.

Again quote from your base source article.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald