Re: [LUG] Nest box Camera

On 10/12/2020 13:00, Roland Tarver via list wrote:

Hi Folks,

Largely for the kids we are going full on Spring Watch in our household! lol! We are looking to set up a bird nest box camera to observe the daily ongoings.

Do any of you have any suggestions or expierence with similar projects, that you would be willing to share please.

The RSPB do a "kit" for £150. Colour camera by day. B&W Infrared camera by night. Cable into house.

https://shopping.rspb.org.uk/nest-box-accessories/digital-wired-nestbox-camera.html

Less hassle to do this ^ ? Or, roll my own?

Not got any experience with this, but remember that if it is outdoors it needs to be fully water / weatherproof, which is probably what you're paying for with these kits. I am sure Lidl or aldi were doing something similar for 1/2 what the rspb are charging

You can get em cheaper than £150, but that cost also helps the work of the RSPB.

Paul

Thanks very much in advance and Merry Xmas!

Cheers roly :-)

--
Paul Sutton, Cert ContSci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/