Re: [LUG] Recaptcha was Re: Google Account

On Mon, 07 Dec 2020 13:02:04 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>I suspect Worldpay are using it to reduce the rate of automated abuse,

I'm not too worried about WP's motives, I'm worried about what info
google get.  Since the technology is a black box, there's no guarantee
that they do not receive critical sensitive data.  Even if they don't
receive such data now, there's nothing to stop them doing so in the
future.  For example, bank account/card details.  One rogue employee,
in the right role, would be enough.  Sure, they'd be found out fairly
quickly, but in that (say) 24hrs, they could gain access to millions of
pounds/dollars/yen.

Ultimately, it comes down to google, fb, twitter and a few others having
far too much power for everyone's good.

I know it's not the 'Rise of the Machines', but certainly the mega-corps
of Night City are here.

--
 Regards  _
I don't care about anyone else I just care about me