Re: [LUG] EML to PDF and routine jobs

On Sunday, 6 December 2020 13:48:27 GMT Richard Brown wrote:

> I regularly download emails as eml files to convert to pdf to keep a
> separate log of conversations etc.

I'm curious why you would archive emails in a non-native format.

Every conversion risks losing information. PDF would seem to be an awful
format for emails, since it likely loses the headers, and attachments, and
thus both content and metadata, whilst taking more space.

I have several modest email archives, they are mostly in Maildir, or mbox,
mostly as I haven't got to choosing a newer format, but these are fine given
the frequency of reference.