Re: [LUG] A new printer

On 20/10/2020 14:03, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 20/10/20 13:50, Michael Everitt wrote:
On 20/10/20 13:41, Neil wrote:
HP Photosmart 5520 (Back then it cost me £70)

I had a small problem with this printer today when replacing used up
cartridges with new ones. It just would not recognise the black
cartridge. The three colours were fine.

Took it to the local shop.They have tried different black cartridges, so
far without any success. It is probably some problem with the printer
itself.

I have checked my records and it is nearly 8 years old, so I have not
done badly. I do use it every day, so I will need to have one available.
And it does have a scanner built in, which I have used occasionally.

So, I am asking for some recommendations please. I do need colours, and
wifi. I do use it every day. HP preferred, because I know them a bit, but
have also used Epson.

Thanks,

Neil

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/List.aspx?sel=PRN

Done.

  Next?!

I use hplip and hplip-plugin without issue ...

I have a HP Envy 5530 printer, it seems, the issue here is with compatible or refilled cartridges (HP don't like you using them, it clearly removes their revenue stream)

Local printer / computer supplies shop have suggested switching off the update feature in the printer, as it knows what type of ink cartridge I am using.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton, Cert ContSci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/