Re: [LUG] OT: Personal Network Query

On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 at 16:37, Giles Coochey <giles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In any case, I doubt that you have 254 live hosts on your network at any
> given time, you probably just have 254 unique MAC addresses within your
> DHCP lease time.

It's possible the wifi address range is currently only 50 addresses
wide - I've often seen 100-150 specified, for example - and increasing
to 250 would solve the identified problem of the address limit.

The lease length and channel conflicts are another matter. Lowering
the lease length to an hour is a good idea. Enabling 5GHz might ease
channel conflicts.