Re: [LUG] thunderbirds are go

On 10/08/2020 19:11, Ray Smith via list wrote:
> "we have said a number of times that people shouldn’t update until later
> if they rely heavily on add-ons or Enigmail.

I do rely on enigmail! (Iran, Iraq, PR China etc.)
I prefer stability to openSUSE LEAP is OK,  (in fact much loved)
but I had not realised the big 68 to 78 was just one jump and change of
system code but with Enigmail invalid in 78.
 As I run a version  of Thunderbird Tumbleweed, from USB, about monthly,
I after trying 20200807 issue found it still at 68.10.

Intriguingly, I found T'bird incapable of downloading images (JPG) from
China today. I got just text of email, no attachments.
I had to use BT Webmail to get files. I assume BT was acceptable to GFW,
(GreatFireWall), FW while my T'Bird gave wrong security readings as
China has now clamped down on any domain hidden behind TLS 1.3
--
regards
Eion MacDonald