Re: [LUG] Ethernet port

On 18/07/2020 22:45, Neil Stone wrote:
> So a Google comes up with a link to
>
> https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-V145-15AST-A9-9425-SSD-FHD-Laptop-Review.416121.0.html
>
> Which part way down shows a side view, where the GB ethernet interface
> is the second port. Looks likes she's a flappy down type... Does that
> match yours?
>
> Hth
>
> Neil
>
> On Sat, 18 Jul 2020, 22:30 Grant Phillips-Sewell,
> <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, 18 Jul 2020, 22:16 George Parker, <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>         I have a Lenovo V145 15AST laptop, (I wouldn't recommend it) and
>         I tried
>         to connect to the wired ethernet connection. The spec says it
>         has an
>         ethernet connection and it has a port that looks like an RJ45
>         socket,
>         marked with the network logo, but it is too small for my RJ45
>         plugs.
>         WTF! Duck duck going doesn't come up with any info on smaller cat 5
>         connectors and all the specs for the laptop I can find just say
>         ethernet
>         connection. Am I missing something here? A USB to ethernet
>         adapter may
>         be the answer but that don't seem right.
>
>         George
>

>     It looks like one of those God-awful spring loaded Ethernet sockets.
>     Your RJ45 should fit fine, but you may have to figure out how to
>     expand the socket to it's full opening.
>
>     Grant.
>
>     --

CONFIRM<
 I have a U3A laptop from Lenovo with same "flap down Ethernet port".

You must with great care insert your ethernet cable end  and move cover
of (trapdoor /flap) downwards and then insert ethernet cable.
This was a mechanical dodge to get thickness so laptop [Flaptop?]reduced.

The flap moves easily but has only a small give.

Removing takes the same care.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald