Re: [LUG] Ethernet port

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020, 22:16 George Parker, <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Lenovo V145 15AST laptop, (I wouldn't recommend it) and I tried
to connect to the wired ethernet connection. The spec says it has an
ethernet connection and it has a port that looks like an RJ45 socket,
marked with the network logo, but it is too small for my RJ45 plugs.
WTF! Duck duck going doesn't come up with any info on smaller cat 5
connectors and all the specs for the laptop I can find just say ethernet
connection. Am I missing something here? A USB to ethernet adapter may
be the answer but that don't seem right.

George

It looks like one of those God-awful spring loaded Ethernet sockets. Your RJ45 should fit fine, but you may have to figure out how to expand the socket to it's full opening.

Grant.