Re: [LUG] ExeLinux

On 10/07/2020 16:32, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Just found a link to this on Twitter

http://exegnulinux.net/

It's a Devuan based GNU/Linux distro with Trinity Desktop, created by
David Hare in Exmouth.

While this might be interesting (?) I'm not sure I can think of a worse recommendation for why anyone might want to use a one-man respin of some crappy Linux distro, itself a crappy respin of something else.

"It was made by some local guy!"

Lol who cares? That's why we have the internet in the first place.

No disrespect to David Hare and his personal distro but the last place I want some artisan made locally sourced goodies is when those goodies are made of electrons and being beamed direct to my computer from anywhere in the world. Operating systems aren't like regional delicacies... well except maybe Red Flag Linux.