Re: [LUG] Mailing List Archive - Needed?

On 25/06/2020 13:50, Alex Charrett wrote:
Hello everybody,

In the world where people can request to be forgotten under GDPR this means that hosting this content involves being resonsible for dealing with such requests.

Does anyone get any value out of the mailing list archive?  Much of it is incredibly old now.

Personally no I don't, in fact I've never used it. Mainly because technology moves so quickly I could easily disappear down a rabbit-hole of old advice only for someone to say 'Err that was deprecated six years ago'. I much prefer asking for current advice from the knowledgable members of the list. That's after searching online for a current solution.

If others really do want it retained, perhaps a mid ground could be to trim the archive to, say ten years or less?

Kind regards,

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley