Re: [LUG] Firefox Browser

On 28/04/2020 12:46, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:36:53 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

I thought Linux was all about choice.

It is.  Although maybe not what you expect (or hope for);

Mozilla made their choice.  It was, essentially, "Trust us, we know what
we're doing".  TBH, pretty much all software developers make that
choice.  Maybe not as overtly, or as patronisingly, as Mozilla did, but
hey.  I could, I suppose, have been reading Moz's tone wrong, but given
the noise made at the time it appeared I was not alone in my thinking.

_Our_ choices are:
  1) toe the Mozilla line
  2) learn a little about the inner workings of Ff
  3) use something else

I opted for 3, having found 2 too difficult for me and 1 being
unpalatable when Australis(a) arrived.

Which is what I did. Mainly I use Palemoon, sometimes Vivaldi. Occasionally Waterfox. Now I am looking again at FF. It is fast, and I am getting to know how it works. So maybe I will just put up with the tab bar in the wrong place.

Sigh,

Neil