[LUG] OT: Photovoltaic {PV aka solar] panels. Was:Re: tracking a powerdown

On 26/04/2020 15:24, Tom via list wrote:
I've been running Folding@Home during the day (PV so the electricity is free) and that has 6 cores running and the fan running flat out but no signs of overheating then. When it crashed it was in the evening and there was nothing running at the time.It hasn't happened since...

Tom te tom te tom

I wouldn't assume PV is always free during the day.* If your power consumption outstrips what the panels can supply - as mine often does - you still have to buy some off the grid.

Kind regards,

Julian

* It may be of course if you have a large number of panels always generating more than you use.

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley