[LUG] WiFi adaptors and Linux

Hi All,

My main system is running sweetly on WiFi - thanks to the patience and support of Mr Meowski. I also bought two mini WiFi USB dongles having taken onboard the suggested spec which works with Linux. I found the pair on Ebay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-WiFi-Dongle-Kali-Linux-Compatible-Hacking-Wireless-Networks/293129730903

It doesn't hurt of course that 'Linux' is in the description! As expected they do indeed 'just work'. I plugged one into my main system which /instantly/ decided I had two wireless devices available - the original and the dongle. Having removed that one I plugged it into a Pi3 and again that just accepted it without complaint :) So, whether you're a newbie, greatly experienced, or know just enough to be dangerous - yes that would be me *ahem* - if you need a WiFi connection, these do work painlessly. Caveat: I am on Linux Mint 19.3, and running kernel 5.3.0-46-generic. YMMV.

Kind regards,

Julian

--
“The great tragedy of Science — the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly
fact.”

― Thomas Henry Huxley