Re: [LUG] Getting a USB AC68 dongle to work in Mint 19.3

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020, 22:42 Julian Hall, <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried 'sudo ifconfig enp0s10 down' which correctly knocked the wired
ethernet offline [another bit of Mint weirdness it doesn't use eth0],
however 'sudo ifconfig wlan0 up' gave an error

It took me a bit of getting used to but I now quite like the new network naming scheme.

More details here:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/

It should now make sense that "wlan0" is not the device you'd need to ifconfig.

Grant